Paid private guarded parking close to the hotel (50m).
St Michel : direct Gare du Nord, Eurostar et Thalys, Parc des Expositions de Villepinte, Roissy CDG
-> By métro : Cluny la Sorbonne, Cardinal Lemoine and Maubert
-> By step : Take “rue de Poissy” in front of the hotel to the “quai de la Tournelle”, then you see Notre Dame. The hotel is within 10 minutes walk.
In the 12th century, Maurice de Sully, who was bishop of Paris at the time, began construction on a new cathedralon the site of two former places of worship: Notre-Dame and Saint Stephen. The Rue Neuve was opened along the future cathedral’s axis, crossing through a maze of alleys, closely-built wooden houses, and seventeen chapels. This new street made is possible to transport construction material and connect the cathedral to the existing north-south thoroughfare.
The “Parvis Notre-Dame”, which was expanded in the 17th century, was cleared of all houses and buildings and arranged in its current configuration by Baron Haussmann in the 1860-1870. The cobblestones show the names of former buildings (including Saint Stephen’s cathedral (cathédrale Saint-Etienne)). The archaeological crypt houses the ruins discovered during excavation in 1965-1967.